Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)

Quick summary: A group of men trying to relive the past accidentally get taken back to the 80s through a hot tub time machine.

Reason for seeing it: I enjoy goofy comedy movies. The previews for this movie made me laugh and it seemed like a funny plot. I was concerned that this movie would have too few laughs to be worth watching. It became an instant on Netflix and I decided to give it a try.

Review:  Just as I had feared, I was not amused during this movie. About 15-30 minutes in I considered turning it off. I stuck it out and it and it did pick up a little. Yet, overall, the humor just was not there. It was a case of putting all of the funny scenes into the previews. Most of the jokes were repetitive and predictable while others were just of the gross out variety which also failed to get a laugh out of me.
Recommendation: If you are searching for a comedy on Netflix, I suggest that you look elsewhere as I am sure that you will be able to find a more entertaining movie that this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment