Sunday, March 27, 2011

Limitless (2011)

Quick summary: Bradley Cooper’s character goes from a writer with little going for him to an intellect with near limitless opportunities after he gets his hands on a pill that allows him to access 100% of his brain.
Reason for seeing it: From the first trailer I was convinced that this was a movie that I wanted to see. The thought of a pill that would allows you to use all of your brain’s potential including allowing you to tap into information stored deep within your brain seemed like an entertaining plot. This movie also had good reviews from my friends who have seen this one.
Review: This was a very entertaining movie. Bradley Cooper did a great job playing the role of the struggling writer whose life was falling apart as well as confident clean cut man with control over all of his brain. The action scenes were engaging as he was able use the additional brain power to outmaneuver his increasing list of foes. He was also able to defend himself with information he had accumulated from of the violent action movies, self help videos, and documentaries that he had watched at some point in his past.  The visuals added to the appeal as the pill lifted the film from the dull and foggy to the bright and crisp which was exaggerated by the blueness of Bradley Cooper’s eyes. I left the theater contemplating all of the possibilities this pill could bring me as I wondered what I would do if I were given this power.
Recommendation: This one is worth shelling out the money to watch it at the theaters. If you miss it at the theaters, I would definitely add this one to the Netflix list.

No comments:

Post a Comment